Thursday, December 30, 2010

Why Vordel?

This is my inagural post in this blog - in my new job - as Chief Solutions Architect at Vordel. In my time at Oracle, I had the opportunity to work with Vordel at a number of customers, and two things really stood out - the quality of the products and the quality of the people. It's a really good small company that reminds me very much of the early days of Netegrity. They have been the thought leaders in XML Gateways - a key element in SOA Security - for over a decade. Their push into the Cloud Service Broker/Web 2.0/REST Security area is very exciting to me as it represents the next generation of security solutions.

For people who are familiar with the Fusion Security Blog, you'll see that I'm quite shamelessly copying the layout. Its also my intention to replicate its basic approach - no manifestos, just good technical information on solving real world problems. The focus here will obviously be on Vordel and its primary product the Vordel Gateway, but I'll also cover some of the broader SOA Security/WS-* use cases and approaches that we did on the Fusion Security Blog.

For people who know me, they know that I was fairly reluctant to start blogging. Quite to my surprise, I have found it really useful in being able to connect quickly with customers. So, once again proving that old dogs can be taught new tricks, I've also created a twitter account @xmlgatewayguru . I'll be honest - I'm not really sure what I'm doing with the "twitter-machine" yet, but I'll figure it out.

Wishing you a happy and healthy new year and a successful FY 11,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment