Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It Takes A Village....Announcing the Vordel Incubator


After much debate, I'm pleased to announce the Vordel Incubator. I'm modelling after the wildly successful Oracle Coherence Incubator. The idea is to work as a community - company, customers, partners - on building solutions to real-world problems.

I've started the project off very modestly with a publishing of the full Maven project that I discussed earlier. As people know, I'm very interested in Maven and believe it is a really good tool for integrating a product into an enterprise SDLC. We'll be using it for the incubator. As such, there is some work to do in short order to extend the existing Maven support through out the fuller lifecycle - automated testing, deployment etc. I eager to work on these topics.

Additionally, as my team works with customers, there a common requests for solutions or examples that everyone would benefit from. Its my intention to grow a library of such solutions in the incubator as well.

Ultimately what I want is to try to harness the enthusiasm of the customers/partners that I've met over my first 6 weeks at Vordel - and channel into building things together that benefit everyone. But to do that, I need people's help and participation. If you are interested in participating in any way, please let me or anyone at Vordel know, and we'll get you looped into what we're doing. I've created a public google group to host discussions, so you can express your views/interests there.

I look forward to working with all of you on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment